sreda, 18. maj 2011

Ronald HAEBERLE: People about to be shot


Ronald Haeberle: People about to be shot, My Lai, Vietnam, March 16th 1968

»The emotional power of the photograph derives from our knowledge that it was taken during the last seconds these people were alive, as they realize they are about to be killed. They were surrounded by bodies and burning houses, and they could not have missed the sounds of gunfire and screaming. They must have understood the G.I.’s meant to shoot them also. Few photographs show people contemplating their imminent, violent death as vividly as this one.« - Claude Cookman

Ronald Haeberle (Wikipedia)
Ronald Haeberle (Common Dreams)
Ronald Haeberle (Cleveland.com)

My Ali (Wikipedia)
My Lai (The Journal of Amercan History)
My Lai (YouTube)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar